Friday, May 6, 2011

Light it up!


From the outset I knew I wanted pretty lights, pretty purple lights to be specific.  Perhaps a picture will help.


How gorgeous is that?

The top picture is where we’ll have our cocktail hour. The center part will probably be dark during that time so I still get  a “reveal” for the reception space.

Brooklyn Museum


This one is of the reception space in an icy blue. I like how saturated the room is but I'd prefer warmer colors.


I’m not sure yet if I'm going to do a ceiling wash but isn’t it pretty?
Another cool feature of the space is that I can put lights in the floor.

See those glass blocks…

Now with lights

Source

Okay I won’t do the scary red hell lights but you get the idea.

Yeah lighting!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I loveee lighting at a wedding! Your plans sound so fabulous! I'm hoping to do a blue uplighting at our reception, but i'm waiting to hear back on some quotes. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh you're so lucky that you get to play with lighting!! It really enhances everything, and I love the look of the purple. And I def think you should do something with the ceiling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the uplighting! your reception area will be beautiful!
    i plan to have purple uplight @ my wedding!
    PS. thanks for the tip on wedding bee! -im a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing pictures. I can't wait to see how your lighting comes out. I was recently at the museum with my future in-laws and kept shouting "I know someone getting married here! She's soooo lucky!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails