Here’s why these suckers were such a pain.
Step one - the printing
Sounds simple enough except they were much trickier to print than the invitations. I needed them to print in a certain order double sided so that I could make the fan properly. Shout out to Darren at the Fedex Office on Court Street! It cost a pretty penny but it saved my sanity and time. He fixed it up in the computer so it would print correctly. It was easier for me to pay to have them printed and cut. It took two days to get a 100 programs.
Step two - round those edges
Of course I had to make this more complicated by wanting rounded edges. Sister did a lot of edge rounding as did I.
Step three - prepare to assembly
While Sister and I were edge rounding Lil Sis was stacking them in the correct order so I could finish them off later with the crop-a-dile.
Step 4 - setting eyelets
I have a love/hate relationship with the crop-a-dile. I loved how it got the job done but hated how it almost gave me a nice blister. I kept stopping and taking breaks to avoid the blister. I got better at it eventually though.
It’s super easy to use. The side parts are like fancy hole punchers. You can make a 1/8” hole or a 3/16” hole. I was using 3/16” eyelets. The top part is for setting the eyelets. You turn the sides around until the match up ( A goes with 1, B goes with 2, C goes with 3, etc.). You punch the hole, put the eyelet in the hole, line up the top of the crop-a-dile (don’t squeeze too hard) and voila!!
We did 100 of these.