Monday, November 15, 2010

Let There Be Flowers


Source

I have a love/hate relationship with flowers. I hate that they make me sneeze and my eyes run but they are sooo pretty. To make things a bit more interesting for me and to keep me focused I’ve decided to dedicate each part of the wedding to a particular bloom. Let's start with the ceremony, shall we?



What’s an AIW themed affair without roses? Gotta have em! Roses symbolize love, happiness, friendship (depending on the color). These are excellent sentiments for the ceremony.

Plus they are featured rather prominently in the AIW stories.

Sooo. . .the flower theme for the ceremony will be roses. I’m not fully committed to the colors yet but I would like to have some combo of purple and white/ivory roses.

Source


Source

In honor of the famous “painting the roses red” scene we will be rigging something up in the hallway that leads from the ceremony to the reception.

Source


We have a few ideas. Think hallway lined with roses in shades of white to red. Maybe throw in some greenery. Hedges maybe? Topiary rabbits? Can you tell I haven’t met with any florists yet?

Source
Aren't they cute? This may turn into a DIY project.


4 comments:

  1. I love roses!! Those pictures you posted are SO pretty! Yeah.. I'd definitely meet with a florist and go from there, flowers can get SUPER expensive!!

    I love those rabbits, too, and they can totally become a DIY project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved roses, but I feel hard for Garden Roses this fall while finalizing our floral plans. I love the full blooms and almost peony-esqe look. I found your blog from the post on weddingbee and i am glad i did! looking forward to reading more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sara: Thanks for visiting! I hope I don't disappoint. :-)

    @Danielle: I'm hoping the reality check isn't too bad when I meet with some florists. ::crosses fingers::

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love roses! Especially the light purple toned ones. It sounds like you have some awesome ideas for flowers!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails