Friday, November 5, 2010

The Man With The Diamonds

My jeweler. How awesome is that?!? I feel like a rock star. Anywho, our next stop was Mr. Edward Lee. In a nondescript building on a nondescript street somewhere in the diamond district is the man who created “my precious”.


It was disturbingly ordinary. We rang the bell to his suite. There were cameras and at least two heavy metal doors to pass through before we reached a small room. It was all a little suspect though. No worries, Eddie was a gem. Ha!

He made sure we understood what we were getting. We looked through some fancy gemologist tools to see the imperfections in the stones. He was so nonchalant about the loose diamonds. I was terrified to touch them!

Once we decided on the stone his sister came over to show the settings. I brought pictures of settings (as they requested) and she was able to pinpoint a mold that I would like.

The molds were these crazy Mad Max looking things. The one she thought was a close match looked like Lady Liberty’s crown.

Whatevs!

Didn’t my precious come out all right?

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails