Thursday, November 18, 2010

Miscellany Flowers of Interest


Along with the flowers I picked as the main ones for each part of the wedding I have some miscellanies that I would also like to include throughout.

One of those happens to be . . .


CABBAGE!

Indeed this goes with the theme. You know the poem with the walrus and the carpenter?

“'The time has come', the walrus said, 'To talk of many things: of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings.' ...

Now don’t freak out. They are kind of pretty. Especially when referred to as flowering kale.

Look, they aint so bad.

Source
This is a 1-800 Flowers Bouquet
Its other alias is ornamental cabbage.

Source


It would also be nice to incorporate some ivy. It’s a bit of that English garden feel. It adds a bit of the whimsy to things. Definitely not the poison kind though. Plus I could use it to make my topiary rabbits. Perfection!


Last but not least some eucalyptus. Those come in a beautiful shade of purple and I love the smell. It’s not an overpowering scent. It’s a familiar fall-ish / winter-ish smell. 

Source

Thems the miscellany round-up. . .thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails