Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It’s Like Netflix for Clothes

Brides, let’s be honest with each other for a minute. Our Bridesmaids are not really going to re-wear those dresses. Sure, you can let them pick their own dresses. The kind they can dress up or dress down with jewelry. The kind you can rework by adding a cardigan or a belt. You can do a whole lot of stuff but here’s the major problem. These dresses are going to get photographed…a lot! Those pictures are going to be up on Facebook before the wedding is even over. So where am I going with this?


Rent the Runway, that’s where (Thanks to Jenny Busy Bee for this find!)

In addition to to the dresses, jewelry and handbags they also have a special collection of BM dresses. The rental prices vary but are comparable to what a brand new dress would cost. There’s an extended rental time and you can also take advantage of the in-home fitting. Rent a dress, have it shipped, try it on, ship it back. It’s like Netflix for clothes!

They have some cute options. 

Source


Source




Source

Mumsie & Sisters & I are going to a Broadway show later this month. I’m going to try out a rental and give you guys a review. Methinks if I like the service it would be a good option for all things wedding (engagement pictures, wedding jewelry, rehearsal dinner outfit, etc.) 

So would you rent your BM dresses online?


3 comments:

  1. I really like the concept of Rent the Runway, but, for me at least, I can't justify the prices to rent some of the dresses. I'd much rather buy a dress with the potential to wear again (or sell!) than pay so much for a dress that I'll wear once and return. Again, that's just me - I know lots of people who just LOVE this service though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying to try Rent the Runway but haven't had the guts to do it yet. I will probably look for a shower/rehearsal dinner dress because I can't ever see myself wearing that again especially if it is white. My sister has done it and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails