It’s time ya’ll!!!! To get those invites assembled. Since I assumed the printer minion role I got right to work when the paper arrived. Paper is heavy ya’ll!!! Especially 550 sheets of heavy cardstock.
The first thing I did was separate the paper into stacks for the invites, programs and menus. There was a separate pile for the extras too. Remember the bins for organization? That's where the paper now lives.
Luckily, they packaged some of it in packs of 25 and some in packs of 100. There were exactly three packs of 100 which was the right amount for the programs. Then three packs of 25 for the invites and three for the menus. If you’re doing the math and it doesn’t add up it’s because I also ordered 50 sheets of purple paper. Just cause they were soooo pretty. I’ll find something to do with them. I spent $177 on paper. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad but I got a lot of paper.
Back to the invites.
I tried to print a test one on my printer and the dang thing kept getting jammed. I was getting frustrated very quickly and might have decided to blame the whole thing on Mr. H. He took it well.
This was a huge bummer (the printing not him taking it well) because I thought I was being slick printing them at home. Twas not to be, so I sucked it up and took it to Fedex/Kinko’s to print. Not a bad experience and the color laser was definitely better than my puny inkjet.
I think they look sexy but you’ll have to wait until August to see them.
Total cost of the printing was $40.95 for 66 copies ( 1 was a test on regular paper) which works out to 130 invites. I only need 111 (I did that on purpose. Now the guest list has to stay the same. Ha!) The extras I’m sure will go to the good cause of T&E (Trial & Error) as we try out the stamping and embossing.
Minions will be assembling on Saturday to get the party started. I’m waiting for a few more supplies so this is going to be a cutting, stamping and embossing party. Woot Woot!!!
Let's git 'er done!