Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Arriving @ a Theme

Themes are useful unifying forces for all the various elements of a wedding. But how could someone as indecisive as me commit to a theme? What kind of theme would be able to incorporate all of my hodgepodge eclecticism? Let’s see shall we?
 
Sailor Moon? Mr. H could be Tuxedo Mask. We could go overboard on the roses. Roses everywhere!

source

It’s cute and quirky much the way I imagine myself to be. My bridesmaids could be…
 
Sailor Venus!
Sailor Mercury!
Sailor…
 
Or not!
 
Maybe a Japanese inspired theme. Mr. H loves him some sushi. Me? Not so much. But these paper cranes are so adorable.
 
source
source



Pocky as favors would be amazing!
 
source
 
 
Sigh. I just don’t think I can build a wedding around paper cranes and Pocky though.
 
 
Next!
 
 
During my senior year in college we had an Alice inspired tea party for our senior dinner.  I loved it! A lot of the elements work for Mr. H and me.
 
I like words and the quotes and wordplay are sublime.
He likes numbers and Lewis Carroll is a total math guy.
I once dreamt of giving out playing cards as wedding favors.
My family owns two rabbits. One happens to be a white rabbit.
He likes chess.
And the whimsy? My goodness the WHIMSY!!! 

source



source
  
 So it was decided Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass will serve as the inspiration for my impending nuptials. Off with your heads!! Bridezilla indeed.
 
What’s inspiring your nuptials?

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy you did not do a Sailor Moon theme. The Alice in Wonderland fits you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you have to admit that Sailor Moon would have been pretty sweet. Right? Someone should throw me a Sailor Moon shower. Just putting it out there. Anyone? Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might be interested in this mad hatter tea party photo shoot. Very inspiring :)

    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/media/set/?set=a.252907301402700.82858.179015168791914&type=1

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails