Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Table Talk

One of the questions on my checklist was about tables. It was of the utmost importance. I needed to know what my table options were and at each venue we spoke of rounds. They are the most commonly used table and for good reason. They are space savers. You can jam more tables in a space if they're round. They are great for conversations. Plus, sitting in a circle is very therapeutic. Here's my dilemma though...



I don’t like round tables. In fact, when any one mentions “rounds” I get a wee bit crazy.  “NO… ROUND… TABLES!” You know that scene from Mommy Dearest? Yep, it’s a lot like that. The way she felt about wire hangers is the same way I feel about round tables.
Don’t get me wrong, rounds are perfectly fine. They’re just not for me, right now, for my wedding. They can be very pretty. I know, look.



And squares are great too but... they're basically pointy rounds.



Nope not going to happen. None of these will work. The table that makes my heart sing is the long rectangular table. What’s so great about these long tables?

Ummm . ..this.




And this.



And don’t forget this.



Long tables can be more intimate than rounds. I find something both grand and homey in the look of long tables. There is also something a little whimsical and unexpected about a long table. It’s a nice departure from the norm. Oh dear, I hope I haven’t said too much. I don’t want to ruin the surprise but I have something positively delicious planned for these tables. Here’s hoping I can pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails