Thursday, February 10, 2011

Venue Update

Quite frankly the most stressful part of this wedding planning thing has been drama with the venue. Previously on Hearts & Whimsy I thought all the drama was behind me. Well guess who showed up in my in-box the other day?

Source


I received an email from the museum’s special events staff informing me that extended hours on Thursdays and Fridays were an “institutional priority”. What does that mean for me? Oh, not much….just that the museum would now be open to the public until 10pm on the day of the wedding.  This is a touch upsetting for the following reasons:

1) I already flew into a panic about this last August and was assured that this wouldn’t adversely affect my wedding.

2) My ceremony was supposed to be in the lobby area. Ummm… now what?

3) Now I feel uncertain about the venue. I’m losing my optimism. I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop that will invariably screw me over even more.

Le sigh. I haven’t responded to the email yet because I’m still trying to process without getting weepy or angry. At some point I have to respond and set up a meeting to discuss my options but I’m so mad sad disappointed right now. 

Le gran sigh.

5 comments:

  1. Venue stress is something that I know very well (our venue burnt down, our wedding is in 9 days, and the rebuilding still isn't finished). When people tell me "well it will all be fine--you'll be married no matter what!", I want to punch them in the face. It's annoying. Through all of this, I've learned that you need to stay calm, and try not to get too worked up about everything regarding your venue. Then you need to consider ALL of your options. Then you can make a decision based on what is best for you, your fiance, and your guests. Don't let the venue or anyone else sway your decision making--this is YOUR wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Laura: I'm sorry about your venue stress. It totally sucks! And really I'd want to punch people in the face too. The venue is a huge part and if that goes to pot it's really hard to just "keep calm and carry on".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand so much of your frustration - because I feel as though the venue for many people is where 90% of their decor and theme and what not comes from...so if you don't have that, it can be tough!

    Do you have a contract with them that goes back on some of this stuff that they've switched around on you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! That's horrible! I would be really upset and disappointed, too. I hope it all works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my poor k. Does Pips need to get her punches out? Pippa's Tip: when life hands you a lemon, make some lemondade. And then put vodka in it. You can make your beautiful, dream venue work. It's a large place with lots of cool space. How about in one of the old southern plantation farmhouse rooms? Or in front of the Lady Liberty...much like the immigrants arriving in this great land, you will be tired, weary and poor by the end of this whole ordeal! Chortles aside, this Pip believes in your creative genius!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails