Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened. . .

Over the weekend I had this florist appointment that really chafed my chaps. We were a wee bit late for our two o’clock appointment but as luck would have it she was still with another client. Her assistant told us it would be about 10-15 minutes. No bother. Sister and I amused ourselves by looking round the shoppe and perusing the portfolio that was left out. 


Time marched steadfastly onward and we finally ran out of things to look at. Tick. Tick. Tick. Twenty minutes had passed. We asked for some more books to look at to keep ourselves occupied. Tick. Tick. Tick. Another 10 minutes passed with no sign of the other meeting drawing to a close. Sister and I began to get increasingly irritated. Then finally there was a ray of hope.  I started to see everyone stand and put on their coats. Well not so fast there little lady. The florist we were going to be meeting with started showing them all the different flowers in the shoppe. She didn’t even acknowledge us with an “oh I’ll be right with you.” 

Grrr…then, to add insult to injury, she started having a bit of a chat with them about their plans for the rest of the afternoon. Hellloooooo, waiting potential customers here. Goodness! When she finally introduced herself, there was no apology for keeping us waiting. I mean it was only like 40 minutes!! Sister and I kept it together though and managed to remain calm throughout the appointment which went surprisingly well. Around minutes to three I gently warned that we needed to wrap up since my ride was here. Her response? “So soon?” Umm…whatevs lady! We wrapped up and were out of there by 3:15pm because Mr. H had somewhere to be at four o’clock. 

Umm….funny story. When I got home I got right on my email and then noticed my Google calendar reminding me about a three o’clock meeting.  Holly hell muffins! My appointment wasn’t at 2pm it was at 3pm. Whoops! I feel like I should apologize. We weren't rude or anything but it all makes sense now.  Duh, it was so soon for her because we were supposed to start at 3pm not end at 3pm.


Source







3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I started reading this post thinking "omg.. what a rude vendor! How does she get business!!" Now it all makes sense! LOL! Sorry about your time mixup, though! If I were in your shoes, I would have felt the same way at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the exact same thoughts as Danielle...oh how rude! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so mad when it was happening and then I felt so bad after I realized my mistake. Curse that bride brain!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails