Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Color Me Confused

This wedding planning business was going along nice and smooth until it came time to seriously consider what the invites would look like. Oh dear! I thought I had it all figured out. Colors? Easy peasy. Silver and purple. What could be more simple? Oh I don’t know…how about solving a Rubik's cube blindfolded under water. Sigh. There are sooo many purples and soooo many silvers. I was aware of this reality when I picked my colors. But alas when it comes to picking dresses and paper and ink? Oh my! My current obsession is trying to nail down which color I want for paper and ink. I’m torn between the following papers:

Source


Oh goodness I'm not that crazy. I don't mean all of those.
I'm looking at the dark grey/silver one called "Galvanised". 


Source
And this Stardream Silver is the other option.


The silver seems to display printed text more clearly but I really like the look of the darker one.

At least with the paper I only have to decide between two colors. The ink is another story. I like ALL the purples.


Someone went to Paper Source and bought all the purple ink pads. ::sheepish grin::



Here's what they look like on the Stardream Silver. I'm not a fan of the "Heliotrope" so that's out.  I really like "Blackberry". Lil Sis likes "Eggplant" and "Boysenberry".






This is what they look like on the "Galvanised".


Now I can’t decide.

What will I doooooooo?

2 comments:

  1. Pippa also likes Blackberry...and while I like the darker paper too, it IS important to be able to read the invite. Pippa's Tip: remember, that the words and designs on the invitation are part of the overall look...if you can't see them, then your guests are merely receiving a piece of lovely silver paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like eggplant the best, with blackberry as a close second!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails