From one of my favorite motivational speakers, Jim Rohn. These are meant to be applied in the world of sales and business but can be applied more generally as well. In reality, even if your business isn't sales, you are still selling something to someone.
- Don't wish it were easier; wish you were better.
- Don't wish for less problems; wish for more skills.
- Don't wish for less challenges; wish for more wisdom.
If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree.
To make progress, you must actually get started! The key is to take a step today. Whatever the project, start today. Start clearing out a drawer of your newly organized desk-today. Start setting your first goal-today. Start listening to motivational programs-today. Start a sensible weight-reduction plan-today. Start putting money in your new "investment for fortune" account-today. Write a long-overdue letter-today.
Now, I offer you this challenge: See how many things you can start and continue in this, the first day of your new beginning.
- Either you run the day or the day runs you.
- Failure is not a single, cataclysmic event. You don't fail overnight. Instead, failure is a few errors in judgment, repeated every day.
- Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.
And if you want to read more by Jim Rohn read this snippet. It talks about network marketing but if you can look past that you'll get some interesting perspectives to try out in the new year.
|All the best in 2011!!!!|