Sunday, October 10, 2010

He Said...She Said

The drama continues. . .

I was a little taken aback by the response email. Maybe I was a bit overly sensitive but I kinda felt like there was a bit of attitude in his responses. I know it's email and sometimes without the in person context things get muddled but this just didn't feel right.




Here are more email gems from Mr. Fong;



I know this is out of context but trust I haven't left out anything to try to slant things in my favor.






Am I restricted to the packages? Am I only allowed round tables?
No. You can order whatever you want, I was responding to your cost concern. The ideas you have are great but will greatly exceed your budget. 


Duly noted.

I feel as if we aren't on the same page here. I think we really need to meet so that we can come up with something that works. Can we meet on July 13th at 4pm / 4:30pm?

I do realize that the date is rather far off in the future but this is going to be a rather large investment on my part and I would like to plan for it. I am fortunate enough to have the luxury of time at the moment and I would like to take advantage of it.


Just a few points that need clarification:

If I do not go with a package does that mean an automatic increase in expense?  

Has the deposit policy changed?

If I put a deposit down this year will I be charged 2010 rates or 2011 rates?
The 13th is fine at 4:00pm as I have to be leaving for an event at Lincoln Center by 5:00pm. Yes, not going with the package increases the price as those are the most economical way to go. Our deposit policy is 25%  of the catering contract this far out, another 50% 5 months out and final balance 7 days before the event. Our prices are only guaranteed for the current calendar year. I would plan for a 5% increase that would go into effect January of 2011. Unfortunately that is the drawback in planning something this far out as inflation always affects our food cost upward year after year.
  
To be continued. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails