I met with her first and thought she was awesome. She was on time for the appointment and I definitely wasn’t. She didn’t hold it against me though. Her rates were within my budget range, a definite plus. Get this… she can put a picture on anything. ANYTHING!!!
- Connections with some student photogs -- perfect for a secret wedding project I'm working on.
- Drool worthy brag books: They are these super cute little books that you can give out as favors. Sort of like mini photo albums. Trust me they rock.
- Pictures are up on her blog pretty quickly.
- Super timely with email responses.
- Umm…she posts pictures up on her blog pretty quickly. See, you might not believe this but I’m a very private person. I know, says the girl typing this up on her very public blog. Whatever! At that time I wasn’t too keen on the idea of being on someone’s blog.
- The mystery 2nd shooter. I wouldn’t know who the 2nd photog would be until we got really close to the wedding date.
- She tends to be busier in the fall.
She came highly recommended by Sister from the work she did on a wedding my sister planned. She takes amazing food pictures!
- Experience shooting in the Museum. (Big Plus)
- Her rates hit a sweet spot with me. (Bigger Plus)
- Creative ideas for shots in the Museum.
- I wasn’t thrilled about the album options
- Six weeks to first pics (seems like an eternity)
- I don’t think we really connected
She was pretty cool and meshed well with Sister & me. She was completely willing to work out something within our budget.
- She was super excited about the Wonderland theme.
- Lovely albums
- Pictures on blog in a week
- Deposit schedule
I met with one half of the husband and wife team. Raina is the business half and her husband is the main photographer. She was super sweet and very professional.
- The price was right
- Plenty of awesome album options. (She brought swatches and sample albums with her.)
- Flexible about packages and options
- Not too familiar with Brooklyn
- No real contingency plan if they were unable to make the wedding (“I never get sick!” is not a contingency plan.)
- Ummm.. what if they break up? (No offense.)
All in all I really did like everyone and I would recommend each of them to anyone looking. Alas, I did have to choose one.
And I chose. . .
Who do you think? Leave a comment with your pick.